Founder & President
In addition, she advocates for education and awareness of islanders and their COFA status to the community at large.
Claudia is a Fellow of Leading for Change (class of 2014-15) and is an active member of several organizations, including:
- Lau Kanaka No Hawai'i Hawaiian Civic Club of AZ,
- The Phoenix Chinese American Citizen's Alliance (PCACA), and
- Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) Gateway & Tempe Diversity Site Council.
In addition, she serves on the Board for:
- Japanese American Citizen's League (JACL) AZ chapter and
- City of Phoenix Police Chief's Advisory.
Claudia provides community outreach for different educational programs such as:
- ASU Asian Pacific American Studies (APAS) program, and
- Asian Pacific Advocacy, Culture, and Education (APACE) Academy.
Her past experience includes her role as:
- Commissioner for the City of Phoenix Pacific Rim Advisory Council (PRAC),
- Board member of Asian Chamber of Commerce AZ and
- Member for former Governor Janet Napolitano's Asian-American Advisory Council,
- Served five years with Mrs. Cindy McCain, founder of the American Voluntary Medical Team (AVMT).
As part of the 2010 US Census, she was a Partnership Assistant for the Pacific Islanders in Arizona and upon need assisted the state of Nevada among several other efforts she's accomplished.
Claudia has been recognized as the recipient of several awards for her work:
- Asian Chamber of Commerce AZ's 2020 "Person of the Year" award
- Pan Asian Community Alliance Tucson's "2019 Friend of Pan Asian Community"
- ASU "2015 Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion" award
- AZ Aloha' Festival's "2011 Kokua" award for fostering better understanding of Pacific Islanders